"Galectins" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A class of animal lectins that bind specifically to beta-galactoside in a calcium-independent manner. Members of this class are distiguished from other lectins by the presence of a conserved carbohydrate recognition domain. The majority of proteins in this class bind to sugar molecules in a sulfhydryl-dependent manner and are often referred to as S-type lectins, however this property is not required for membership in this class.
- beta-Galactoside Binding Lectin
- Binding Lectin, beta-Galactoside
- Lectin, beta-Galactoside Binding
- beta Galactoside Binding Lectin
- D-Galactoside-Binding Lectin
- D Galactoside Binding Lectin
- Lectin, D-Galactoside-Binding
- S-Type Lectins
- S Type Lectins
- Lectins, S-Type
- Lectins, S Type
- S-Type Lectin
- Lectin, S-Type
- S Type Lectin
- beta-D-Galactosyl-Specific Lectin
- Lectin, beta-D-Galactosyl-Specific
- beta D Galactosyl Specific Lectin
- Galactose-Binding Lectin
- Galactose Binding Lectin
- Lectin, Galactose-Binding
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Galectins".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Galectins".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Galectins" by people in this website by year, and whether "Galectins" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.